As you turn the page in the calendar to a new year, have you been reflecting on the past year–the people, places and events that had an impact–and wondering what’s to come in the year ahead? I do the same kind of reflection for my agency, looking back at all of the unique trips I’ve planned for folks and exploring ways I might elevate the level of service I’m providing for my clients. I thought this would be a great time to share updates on what’s new not only for my agency, but for the travel industry in the year to come. Here are a few of the highlights…
New Marketing Initiatives
- Reduction in the amount of printed materials being mailed.
- Increased use of email and social media to share travel sales, information and tips
- Increased use of video content.
- Increased focus on multigenerational and group travel.
- Increased networking — more bridal show appearances and in-person presentations with local organizations. Be sure to tell any newly-engaged folks to drop in to see me at the Weddings 101 and Weddings UnVeiled bridal shows taking place January 12th and 19th at Venue Chisca in downtown Peoria. Both events are free. Pre-registered guests will be eligible to win door prizes, and I’ll be giving away a prize for folks who sign up at my booth between 11am-3pm. I’ll also be giving a travel presentation geared toward the newly engaged couples from 2:30-3:00pm on January 12th. Click HERE for more information and to pre-register to attend the shows.
New in the Travel Industry
- Cannabis/CBD oils are being legalized in various states, including Illinois, but it is not legal to carry these items across all state lines, or to every international destination. It’s important to educate yourself before you travel. Click HERE to read an article with more details on this topic.
- REAL IDs…For passengers who have been using their driver’s license in lieu of a passport as proof of identity for boarding domestic flights, effective October 1, 2020, enhanced driver’s licenses (also known as REAL IDs) will be required. Click HERE for the Department of Homeland Security’s Frequently Asked Questions page for more information. For information specific to the state of Illinois, click HERE.
- Changing VISA requirements. Traveling internationally? Be sure to review the latest entry/exit requirements for each country you will be visiting–even for countries you’ve visited in the past. Click HERE to visit the US State Department’s website where you may search by the country name for more information on the country’s specific requirements.
- New travel trends…Click HERE to see some of the top destinations American travelers hope to visit in 2020.
Hopefully, *|FNAME|*, you have “Travel More” among your New Year’s resolutions and “Call Jennifer Walker Travel” at the top of your To Do List! You have a calendar with a lot of blank spaces just waiting to be filled in. How about marking off the dates you’re available to travel this year and contacting me right away to get started with your planning? There are a lot of sales going on with all of my preferred travel suppliers, so whether you’re interested in an ocean or river cruise, all-inclusive resort stay, escorted tour, or a customized trip to Hawaii, Alaska, and/or an international destination, I’m here to help. Give me a call at (309) 256-2984, send me an email, or complete the Contact request form on my flashy new website. .
Wishing you all the best as you journey through 2020.